As part of the Star Academies Festive Winter Gift Programme 2018, our pupils have chosen to support the following charities:
- We will be donating funds, reading books and toys to children at Bradford Royal Infirmary on 19th December. Our pupils wish to make children in hospital feel part of the community, to make them feel welcome, to give back to our community and to show children that there are people who will help them when they need it.
- We will be offering our time, food and financial support to Bradford Foodbanks on 11th December. Our pupils don’t think anybody in our community should have to face going hungry, so they are supporting Bradford Central Foodbanks. The organisation provides three days of nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to local people who are in crisis. The organisation is part of a nationwide network of Foodbanks supported by the Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
- Care for the elderly – Our student council will be planning and facilitating a party for elderly people in a local care home.
- Christmas Jumper Day – We will be supporting the Save the Children Fund Christmas Jumper Day. In order to also mark the end of term, we will be holding this event on 21st December 2018, with all proceeds going to “Save the Children”.
- Supporting Refugee Action. We will be donating clothes to Refugee Action. Refugee Action help refugees with some of the basic support they need to rebuild their lives with dignity.
- Ghana Water Well – We are building a well in Ghana on behalf of Laisterdyke Academy.